Dürr Megtec has decades of experience providing reliable environmental solutions to customers in the cement industry. With the well-known and respected TurboSonic products, we continue to provide innovation and solutions for process enhancements and environmental challenges. From equipment to full turnkey solutions, you can depend on our high performing and competitive systems.
- Selective catalytic reduction (SCR) and selective non-catalytic reduction (SNCR) for effective NOx control (DeNOx)
- Baghouses and dry electrostatic precipitators for reduction of particulate from kiln off-gases, mills and clinker cooling systems
- Acid gas control with wet absorbers and dry sorbent injection (DSI)
- Mercury control with injection of activated carbon (PAC)
- Regenerative thermal oxidizers (RTO) for destruction of volatile organic compounds (VOC) from co-incineration of alternative fuels
- Catalytic candle filter (CCF) for multi-pollutant emissions control of PM, NOx and SOx
Our evaporative gas cooling and conditioning system helps protect downstream equipment, enhance air pollution control performance, reduce gas volumes, and increase production capacity. Our specially engineered Turbotak™ atomizing nozzles introduce a controlled amount of finely atomized water into the hot gas stream to reduce and/or maintain gas temperature.
The water evaporates completely while absorbing heat from the gases, which results in free-flowing dust, zero liquid discharge, and minimal or no problems with scale buildup on the walls.
Typical applications in the cement industry include implementation in downcomer ducts or gas conditioning towers before a fabric filter or electrostatic precipitator (ESP).
Turbotak™ Atomizing Nozzles
Turbotak™ atomizing nozzles finely atomize water, high viscosity liquids and slurries. Droplet sizes are accurately controlled by adjusting operating pressure, gas flows, and liquid flows.
Particularly resistant to abrasion and plugging, Turbotak™ atomizing nozzles are ideal for a wide variety of applications including gas cooling and conditioning, wet scrubbing and spray drying.
Key applications on a cement plant include water atomization sprays for gas temperature conditioning in the downcomer, conditioning tower, finish mills, clinker cooler and alkali bypass, plus lime slurry spray for SO2 removal.
Selective Non-Catalytic Reduction (SNCR)
As the combustion process in the kiln deteriorates, or cement customers temper the kiln heat balance with alternative fuels, there could be an NOx imbalance generated in the process. NOx emissions are effectively reduced using Dürr Megtec SNCR systems featuring our high-efficiency, wear, and plug-resistant Turbotak™ nozzles, designed for optimal droplet size and spray coverage to reduce NOx while saving on reagent consumption. Typical SNCR injection points for the cement industry include calciner zones, riser ducts and mid-kiln injection (wet kilns).
Evaporative Gas Cooling and Conditioning
Dürr Megtec evaporative gas cooling and conditioning systems provide accurate temperature and humidity control, ensuring an even distribution of flow and temperature by injecting very fine water droplets into the gas stream.
- Gas cooling: protect downstream equipment from process temperature excursions, mechanical warping due to heat stress, overheating, spark damage and broken bags (fabric filters filtering media).
- Gas conditioning: condition high-resistivity dust particles by optimizing gas humidity levels, reducing the resistivity of the dust thus enhancing the collection efficiency of a downstream electrostatic precipitator.