Our evaporative gas cooling and conditioning system controls high-temperature furnace and converter off-gases, lowering them to temperatures below other spray technologies without wetting problems.
By lowering the temperature and conditioning the gas stream, the system protects downstream equipment from damage and improves the efficiency of downstream air pollution control equipment, such as baghouses and electrostatic precipitators.
- Horizontal and vertical coolers
- Waffle hoods
- Cu and Ni converter off-gas cooling
- Roaster off-gas cooling
- Aluminum anode bake furnace off-gas cooling
- SO2 control using the Dürr MEGTEC TurboSorb semi-dry spray dryer absorber
- Wet electrostatic precipitators for collecting fine particulate and sulfuric acid mists from SO2-rich gas streams