Dürr MEGTEC provides a comprehensive turnkey approach for producing battery electrode coated materials. Our capabilities cover both ends of the production line, as well as everything in between. We provide systems for raw material handling, slurry mixing and fluid delivery, web handling, coating and drying, solvent recovery and purification, calendering, and slitting.
By complementing our technology with that of world-class partners, Dürr MEGTEC offers a turnkey battery electrode plant. Manufacturing solutions for optimizing battery electrode production with simultaneous 2-sided coating enabled by the Dürr MEGTEC tensioned-web coating system.
Dürr MEGTEC’s simultaneous 2-side coating systems provide many benefits, the complete electrode plant increases these benefits by translating them to all process steps:
- Powder Handling
- Slurry Mixing
- Coating & Drying
- Calendering/Roll Presssing
- Secondary Drying
- NMP Recovery & Purification
- Two-sided coating coupled with flotation drying offers:
- Improved Side A to Side B alignment
- No edge curl after drying
- Drying consistency for improved yield
- Reduced wrinkles due to flotation drying
Lower total costs
- Simplified process design requires lower capital investment. In addition, simultaneous two-sided coating with inline calendering/roll pressing reduces operating costs:
- Heating only 1 dryer
- Fewer operators
- Less material waste
- Increased yield
Ask us to prepare a cost model for your operation.
Simplified factory layout/material flow
- With a straight-path product flow and single-level machine:
- The factory layout can be linear
- Direct slurry piping to a single coating station
- Reduced coating-area floor space
During the machine build period, Dürr MEGTEC provides customer-specific process development trials, making it possible to dramatically reduce time from commissioning to full production.