Solvent recovery systems from Dürr Megtec are used in a wide range of industrial applications. Both regenerative and non-regenerative carbon adsorption systems are used to capture vapor-phase emissions of volatile organic compound (VOC) solvents from industrial processes and prevent their emission to the atmosphere.
In a regenerative carbon adsorption system, the solvents are adsorbed on activated carbon. When the carbon is saturated, it is regenerated with steam, which is then condensed, making it possible to remove the solvent. Non-water miscible solvents can frequently be reused without further processing. Water miscible solvents can often be distilled and purified to make them suitable for reuse.
We also offer a range of non-regenerative carbon adsorbers suitable for treating low mass emissions of a wide range of pollutants, from VOCs and hazardous air pollutants and solvents, to odors and hydrogen sulfide. Once the carbon is saturated with the contaminants, the carbon is replaced with new carbon.
Non-regenerative carbon adsorbers can provide a low capital cost solution in applications where total annual emissions is less than 10 tons.
- Recover up to 99%+ of all your solvents for re-use
- Remove volatile organic compounds (VOCs) or hazardous air pollutants (HAPs) from your process emissions to help meet or exceed regulatory requirements
- Increase profitability by reducing solvent expense
- Wide range of airflows and solvent loadings
- Suitable for a wide variety of solvent types
- High emissions control and recovery efficiencies
- High turn-down ratio
- Quality materials of construction for minimal maintenance and extended equipment life