The Epsilon® regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) from Dürr Megtec is a modularized multi-canister thermal oxidizer offering a highly flexible design that makes it appropriate for many applications where volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and hazardous air pollutants (HAPs) must be managed, and odor control requirements must be met.
Epsilon® RTO Benefits
RTOs are proven thermally efficient VOC control systems. The Epsilon® RTO features an innovative compact design that is engineered to deliver low operating and capital costs, and guaranteed VOC destruction efficiencies.
- Tailored heat-exchange media designed for optimized thermal efficiencies, minimized pressure drop for cost-effective operation, and organic/inorganic contaminants for broad application use.
- Highly reliable poppet valve design allows long run life and return on investment (ROI)
- Destruction efficiencies of 99.8% to meet the most-stringent global emission codes for VOC abatement.
- Optional hot-side bypass system for use with high-solvent-load applications.
- Ceramic media bake-out cleaning for easy removal of organic deposits, with smoke-free emission options to meet broader environmental codes.
- Optional secondary heat recovery for hot water, thermal oil, steam, electricity generation or adsorption cooling.
- Multiple fuel options include natural gas, butane, propane and oils.
- Optional fuel gas injection systems.
- Variable cycle time and temperature profile control for process-harmonized operation.
- Heavy-duty construction with independent canisters for long operating life.
In applications where a multi-canister regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) is required, the Epsilon® RTO from Dürr Megtec can be configured with three (3), five (5) or more canisters. The Epsilon® RTO features a modular, highly flexible design to meet specific performance criteria. With its innovative compact design, the unit delivers effective VOC destruction with low operating and capital costs. Read more about the Epsilon® RTO.
|Flow Capacity||2,000 to 200,000 Nm³/h|
|VOC Destruction Efficiency||99.8%|
|Thermal Efficiency||92% to 98%|
|Autotherm Operation||1 to 2 g/Nm³/h or lower|
|Turndown Ratios||1:5 to 1:10 depending on the number of cans|
|VOC Concentration||Up to 25% LEL by using optional hot-side bypass|