Air Pollution Control Systems, Industrial Dryers, and Aftermarket Services
MEGTEC Systems Australia, Inc. provides equipment solutions that incinerate, filter, recover and/or purify vapor-phase and liquid effluents from a variety of manufacturing processes.
As a leading supplier with operations in Australia and in New Zealand, we are roud members of the Air Pollution Control Equipment Manufacturers Association of Australia (APCEMA).
- Wet and dry electrostatic precipitators
- Solvent recovery systems
- Selective catalytic and selective non-catalytic reduction (SCR/SNCR) products
- Distillation equipment
- Industrial dryers and ovens for roll-to-roll and web-forming applications such as graphics printing
- Nonwoven fabrics
- Membranes and optical films
- Specialized coating lines for lithium-ion battery electrodes
- Material handling systems for graphics printing
We offer stand-alone components, integrated line solutions, and/or process optimization services.
+61 (3) 9574 7450
Dürr MEGTEC designs and supplies air exhaust treatment and gas cleaning systems and services for industrial processes discharging emissions from solvents used in manufacturing processes. We help manufacturers:
- Optimize current RTO installations
- Meet regulatory compliance
- Improve work environments
- Enhance process energy management
- Increase profitability and return on investment.
We provide specific turnkey solutions to treat process gases, exhaust streams, odor, and particulates control, as well as for industrial drying and coating applications. Our office in Australia provides abatement systems for VOCs, HAPs, CO, particulate, acid gas and more. Our wide range of solutions include:
- Wet Electrostatic Precipitators (WESP)
- Dry Electrostatic Precipitators (ESP)
- Dry and Wet Scrubbers
- Acid Gas Absorbers
- Spray Dryer Absorbers
- Fabric Filters (Baghouses)
- Dry Sorbent Injection Systems
- Multiclone® Dust Collectors
- Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) Systems
- Selective Non-Catalytic Reduction (SNCR) Systems
- Evaporative Gas Cooling and Conditioning Systems
- Solvent Recovery Systems (Regenerative Carbon Adsorption)
- Non-Regenerable Adsorption Systems
- Distillation, Purification & Recovery Systems
- Regenerative Thermal Oxidizers (RTO)
- Catalytic Oxidizers
- Heat-Recovery Systems
- Dryers and Ovens
- Specialized Coating Systems
- Material Handling Systems
As an original equipment manufacturer, our products and technologies are installed in a wide variety of applications. Dürr MEGTEC has a truly strong heritage of delivering technology solutions and innovation, and hold 100+ patents in our technical portfolio.
We’ve pioneered advances that remain the foundation of industry applications:
Our experience in the cement industry includes proven wet scrubbing and oxidation technologies, along with a full suite of multi-pollutant control solutions.
Our carbon adsorption solvent recovery, separation, and purification systems are widely used in the petrochemical and pharmaceutical industries.
Coating, Laminating, Saturating
We provide custom and hybrid, contact-free, energy-efficient dryers and ovens for traditional converting markets and in emerging markets for new, advanced materials.
Composites, Carbon Fiber
We provide environmental compliance solutions for processes that emit hazardous gases, like the manufacturing of thermoset composites. Solutions include regenerative thermal oxidizers, solvent recovery, distillation, and purification systems.
Food and Beverage
We also provide solutions to reduce odors from a wide range of applications, including food and beverage processing, allowing operations to comply with local regulations.
Iron and Steel
We serve the iron and steel industry with evaporative gas cooling and conditioning systems, air pollution control systems, and particulate control systems.
Metals and Mining
We provide custom-designed atomizing technologies and air pollution control solutions for the non-ferrous metallurgical industry, including aluminum, copper, nickel, zinc, and precious metals producers.
Our carbon adsorption and distillation systems are widely used in the pharmaceutical industry, are proven environmental solutions, and cover projects of all sizes and complexities.
Print and Packaging
Our experience in providing innovative equipment solutions to traditional print and non-printing industrial markets has led us to a leadership position in the digital printing markets.
Ventilation Air Methane (VAM)
Our VAM processing technologies provide abatement and work in combination with energy recovery and utilization systems to deliver a measurable ROI. Our proven technologies destroy methane while generating high-quality carbon credits, electricity for coal mines, and heating for local communities and facilities.
Our wastewater treatment technologies have served pharmaceutical, semiconductor, chemical, and petrochemical applications. The custom-designed systems can remove and recover a wide range of solvents.
The engineered wood products industry relies on environmental technologies from Dürr MEGTEC to effectively control emissions VOCs and hazardous air pollutants from dryers and press vents.
We provide technical support and replacement parts stock from our office in Glen Waverly.
Your equipment has given you years of excellent performance, but in many cases, machines outlive the parts. Dürr MEGTEC has developed a wide range of replacement parts kits to support your equipment, even where original components are obsolete.
To increase the reliability of your equipment, we recommend you proactively upgrade your equipment to current standards.
Technical and service bulletins are available for Dürr MEGTEC equipment, as well as the Dürr MEGTEC family of predecessor companies. Our technical staff is available 24/7 to review your systems and evaluate your needs, including estimating the cost savings and payback you can realize by making improvements to your equipment.
We have a wide range of replacement parts kits to support your equipment where original components may now be obsolete. To increase the reliability of your equipment, we recommend you proactively upgrade your equipment to current standards. In addition to upgrade kits for replacement of obsolete components, kits are available for consumable parts that match your equipment size and needs. Each service technician is factory-trained and safety certified, and we support customers in their local language.
We supply equipment upgrades and spare parts for Dürr MEGTEC equipment and the Dürr MEGTEC family of predecessor companies, including:
- TEC Systems: dryers and ovens
- Wolverine: oxidizers
- MEG: dryers, splicers and pasters
- Thermo Wisconsin: dryers, ovens, and thermal oxidizers
- KATEC: thermal recuperative oxidizers
- Enkel/Amal: splicers and pasters
- Vara Technology: solvent recovery and distillation equipment
- Sutcliffe Croftshaw: solvent recovery and distillation equipment
- Sutcliffe Speakman: solvent recovery and biological treatment equipment
- Ross Air Systems: dryers and RTOs
- TurboSonic Technologies, Inc.: particulate control and liquid atomization technologies
- Sonic Development: dust collection systems
Our factory-trained technicians are skilled in maintaining and upgrading your equipment. Whether Dürr MEGTEC or different manufacturer supplied your equipment, our preventive maintenance can help keep your equipment operating at maximum efficiency:
- Dryer upgrades and optimization
- Air bar/nozzles upgrades
- Air handling optimization
- Drying efficiency improvement
- Exhaust reduction
- Dryer heat sources optimization
- Oxidizer upgrades and optimization
- Heat exchanger replacement
- RTO heat exchange media upgrades
- Insulation repair or replacement
- Catalyst retrofits
- Control system upgrades
- Burner and burner management upgrades
- Wet and Dry Electrostatic Precipitator upgrades and optimization
- Performance evaluation, including internal inspectio
- Performance evaluation, including internal inspectio
- Environmental and Operational Monitoring and Reporting
- Cost-effective methods of electronic monitoring regulatory and equipment operational data.
- EnviroMonitor™ is a cost-effective system that electronically monitors regulatory or other data points in an encrypted format, allowing for regulatory approved reports.
- ProcessMonitor™ is a data acquisition and reporting system that provides secure, managed remote RTO/RCO monitoring and support to observe, store and report equipment operational data
- Additional upgrades and optimizations include
- Volume damper replacements with AC drives for better operation and energy reduction
- Continuous monitoring equipment and LFL sensors to meet operating requirements or reduce energy consumption
- Splicer upgrades on brake controls, clutch removal and drive upgrades
- Addition of message and fault trapping systems
- Digital data monitoring and reporting to eliminate paper chart recorders
- Exhaust energy reduction systems
- Multiclone® Dust Collector parts and upgrades
In addition to our technical support and replacement parts stock from our office in Glen Waverly, our staff in Melbourne and Sydney are also available with advice on equipment enhancements to keep you abreast of evolving process demands and advancing technologies, to helping your operation respond to changing environmental and insurance regulations. We provide fast, accurate service that will help you troubleshoot your process. Our local staff carries a wide range of certificates, including those required to support the equipment in your state:
- Electrical Trades with licenses throughout Australia
- Registered Electrical Contractor (REC)
- Associate Diploma Electrical Engineering
- Type B Gas Appliance Commissioning, Servicing and Maintenance throughout Australia
- Confined Space Entry
- Working at Heights
- 24/7 breakdown service
- Type B gas submissions throughout Australia
- Type B gas safety audits
- Flue gas analysis testing
- Combustion analysis and energy efficiency analysis
- Burner/combustion systems design, build, commission, and service
- Catalyst sampling
Technologies used, but not limited to
- North American burners and regulators
- Pyronics burners and zero governors
- Eclipse burners
- Kromschroder burners, pressure switches, flame relays, etc.
- Dungs pressure switches, solenoid valves, etc.
- Siemens burner flame relays
- Siemens and Allen-Bradley PLCs
In addition to the capabilities and related offerings noted above, our Australian service team also possesses extensive experience in the following areas:
- Powder coating
- Continuous galvanizing
- Hot dip galvanizing
- Continuous painting (strip)
- Heat treatment of ferrous metals
- Aluminum extrusion
- Brass extrusion
- Copper annealing
- Glass manufacturing
- Ferrous casting
- Starch and gluten manufacturing
- Gämmerler GmbH – Post press technology
- Hofpartner AB – Design and manufacture core shafts, expanding chucks and ergonomic handling equipment. Trademarks are AMAL-SHAFT® and LionGrip®